
Tonight we had salad and baked potatoes with yummy fixins (chili, from last night of course, sour cream, onions, and cheese). Leighton loved feeding herself, with a fork and then a spoon, so much that she ate all her food again tonight! if all it takes is me blogging our meals everyday to get her to eat like this I will make What's For Dinner and everyday event! lol Since Leighton didn't get salad I gave her, her strawberries for dessert.
Anyone want to guess what Leighton enjoyed eating to most today??? Anyone, just shout it out...
...Raw white onions! I guess when Eric was chopping some up last night Leighton wanted one so he let her try it and she loved it. Today at lunch she was picking onions off the top of my chili and eating them. Then again at dinner she wanted raw onions. Strange girl....
No need for a recipe tonight but I will share how I prepare my potatoes. Of course I wash/scrub my potatoes with a potato brush (might sound crazy for the potato to have it's own brush but it makes washing them soooo easy!) then I dry them and poke em' a few times with a fork. Next I put them on foil drizzle some oil (EVOO if I have it but canola works too) over them and season with a pinch of salt, some pepper and a TON of lemon pepper (my fav!). Now I wrap them up tight and put them in a nice warm bed...okay oven. :)
WOW! Raw onions! Thats incredible!
ReplyDeleteHaha, what a character!
Do you think thats bad? Just seems really strange to me...
ReplyDeleteNo not at all.
ReplyDeleteIve never heard of onions being bad for toddlers.
I wouldnt worry.
I think its really neat that she likes SUCH a strong flavor at her age!!
=]
Makes me wonder if she just doesn't like bland food and maybe thats why I think she's picky...
ReplyDeletehmmmmmm...you might just be on to something mamma! =]
ReplyDelete