***

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blood and Books--->hahahaha

Yay! The literacy event was today and that means free stuff for Leighton. Today Leighton was given a grocery list and $3 to buy all of the items on her list. We bought 5 apples, 1 bottle of apple juice, and 1 cinnamon stick from their pretend grocery store, but the food was not pretend it was all the ingredients we needed to make applesauce at home. They always have such cute ideas there. So besides the applesauce ingredients we also came home with a pack of diapers, a pack of wipes, fruit snacks, 3 books, a chef hat, an apron, and a few coupons.





Later in the afternoon I took Leighton to get her blood drawn for her 12/15 month check up (the doc forgot to have us do this then). I was super nervous for Leighton when I found out they were actually going to draw blood from her arm and not just do a heel prick. I had to go to 2 labs (long story and I'm pretty sure I would just get mad all over again typing it out now) but we finally got it done. Leighton was an excellent patient!! I held her in my lap and held both of her arms and she didn't scream, squirm, or wiggle one bit. The lady drawing it even stuck the needle in then fished around for a few seconds to find the vein, Leighton just watched the whole time.




The lady was super impressed as was I! So I decided this was cause for celebration...so we had a picnic at the park after Eric got home and Leighton got to play and eat and have a great time.

1 comment:

  1. good job on the grocery list!!! I love seeing savings. And your little girl is precious!

    ReplyDelete