***

Monday, May 16, 2011

What's For Dinner?

I've decided to share a weeks worth of dinner on the Blog this week. Now you can see what we eat, what Leighton likes and doesn't like, and even make some of what we eat for yourself if you want. I didn't come up with this idea until today and Sundays are when I choose the meals for the week, so there won't be anything special or fancy just what we eat in a typical week eat. Now let's eat!


Monday----







We had turkey chili and cornbread tonight. I mostly followed this Betty Crocker recipe. The changes I make are- I use 1 1/2 lbs of ground turkey instead of beef, way more spices, I add 1 can of light kidney beans, 1 can of dark kidney beans, and a bag of frozen corn. This makes a lot of chili so plenty of leftovers!



Leighton has become a pretty picky eater the last few...(cough)6 months so I was crossing my fingers that she would eat half of the chili I put in her bowl. I added a little cheese (calcium) and sour cream (one of her favs) to her chili and she gobbled it up! She ate every bite and then got another bite from her dads bowl! I was so happy! I will have to freeze some chili for her. After her chili was gone she got to chow down on some cornbread which she loved.

3 comments:

  1. My 10 year old is SUCH a picky eater! Its ridiculous!
    Sometimes I feel like a short order cook cause he mostly doesnt like anything I make. Its very frustrating. Thats awesome that she ate the chili!! It looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope the pickyness (<---is that a word??) is just a stage. I was a picky eater and I remember nights of PB&J...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickyness = Megan~ism ;)

    ReplyDelete