***

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day trip

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

Santa Cruz on the beach

Yesterday Eric and I went to the Gilroy Garlic Festival. It was about a three hour drive south of us, but we have always wanted to go. It was huge, way bigger than we expected it to be. There was so much food and all of it garlic, including garlic ice cream and Hawaiian Ice. We were not brave enough to try either but others around us were. We chowed down on garlic corn, garlic bread, chicken stir fry, garlic calamari (not me!), and chicken kabobs. The corn and bread were so good! Oh man did I get tired! I would have loved to stay longer and eat more but I just go so tired so fast there. The fact that we had to walk so far just to get to the festival didn't help. So we left and headed to Santa Cruz to go to the boardwalk.
Santa Cruz is about an hour from Gilroy so it gave me time to cool down and rest. And if an hour wasn't good enough it took us another hour and a half once we got there to get through traffic and find a parking spot. There were so many people on the boardwalk and at the beach. We went down to the ice cold water and then sat in the sand for a while. The weather was really nice, probably 75 or so. We took a stroll down the boardwalk and then headed back home. It was a great and exhausting day. We had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Santa Cruz rocks! Remember the "inappropriate" baby that was playing naked in the sand next to us! I knew we should have snapped a picture!

    ReplyDelete