***

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Stones

Why I've been gone...

On December 12th I was having pain in my right side under my ribs, again. This was probably the fourth time I had this pain in the past 6 months. It wasn't as bad as it had been in the past but I knew Eric had a work trip planned and I wanted to make sure I was okay to stay home alone and watch Leighton so I went to the ER (I had seen my doctor about this pain the day before and he told me if I started feeling nauseous with the pain I should go to the ER).
When I got to the ER I started to feel much worse and began throwing up. I knew something was really wrong because I never throw up. Finally I was seen and given Morphine (wow, this stuff was amazing and worked instantly!) and then was off to have an ultrasound. They diagnosed me with gallstones and pancreatitis. I was admitted and monitored until Monday when I had to have my gallbladder taken out. It was a laparoscopic surgery so I only had 5 small incisions. I thought the pain would be minimal because of this but boy was I wrong! The first few days were so bad but I gradually got better and am now almost completely healed.
I'd have to say the worst part about all of this was being in the hospital and not getting to see Leighton and then once I was home I couldn't hold her for 4 days.
So I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up but I’ve been recovering and busy with the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment